People talk about it, and you see it on the internet, but what are whipped cream chargers, and how do you use them correctly? Yes, there are still people who don’t understand nang chargers and don’t get the results they hoped for.
This is why this information is so important. We are telling you everything about the cream chargers and even giving some interesting facts about them. If you are looking to buy your own whipped cream charger, then you need to read here first.
Understanding nang cream chargers
What are nang cream chargers? Firstly, you need to know that before you can buy nitrous oxide (N2O) chargers, you need to have a dispenser first. Without the dispenser, you can’t use the nang canister.
Nang is the Australian slang name for nitrous oxide. And, this is why the cream chargers are known as nang canisters. These are small metal canisters that are filled with N2O. Normal canisters have 8 grams of N2O. You can make one single serving of half a liter of whipped cream. The N2O is normally from a high-quality, and professional-grade gas. Nowadays, you can buy nang cream chargers that are larger than 8 grams. You can use it more than once, which makes it more economical to buy.
If you think that these are the newest technology, think again
Don’t worry, many people are making the mistake of thinking that this is a new invention that was invented recently. However, this is not the truth. The first recorded mechanical whipped cream dispenser and charger was invented in France during the late 1800s. However, it didn’t use gas, but a piston to dispense the whipped cream.
The nang cream chargers, as we know them today, were introduced in Europe during the 1950s. It was a small canister that was filled with nitrous oxide gas. However, the gas wasn’t as safe and of high quality as what we get today.
Benefits of whipped cream chargers
Besides the fact that whipped cream chargers make whipped cream so much easier, there are some other benefits to using these canisters as well. These are some of the most important benefits of nang chargers.
- With the canisters, you can control the consistency of the cream. It will not melt as easily as when you whip it by hand.
- The N2O acts as a preservative. This means that you can now leave the cream in the fridge for a couple of days before it will not be usable anymore. You can leave the cream in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- You can use the nang cream chargers for more than just whipping cream. Even if you can whip any other liquid, you can rapidly infuse liquids with flavors. The N2O will extract more flavor and it will be more intense.
- Buying the charger refills isn’t as expensive as you might think. Especially, when you buy these in bulk.
How to use nang chargers correctly?
Using nang cream chargers and nang dispensers isn’t as difficult as you might think. However, there are a couple of things you need to remember to get the most out of your N2O canister.
- Make sure that you are buying the right whipped cream chargers for your dispenser. Not all dispensers can use any brand of canister.
- When you are using the normal 8-gram canister, you need to replace it after each use. One small canister is only enough for half a liter of cream.
- You should always add the liquid before you put the canister into your dispenser. When the canister is locked into the dispenser, you can’t open the dispenser without wasting the N2O and having the possibility of getting injured.
- The tip of the charger is covered with a layer of foil. When the foil seal is broken, the N2O will be released. You need to make sure that the canister is screwed correctly into the dispenser before you break the seal with the dispenser.
Is nitrous oxide safe to use in food?
In most cases, it is safe to use nitrous oxide in food. Especially, when it comes to whipped cream. You don’t consume the gas itself, but just use it to create whipped cream. Using N2O incorrectly can cause serious health issues, but the high-quality N2O used in canisters is safe to use.
Understanding what nang whipped cream chargers are and how to use them, will give you whipped cream in seconds. It is easy to install on the dispenser and easy to use. You should just make sure that you install the canister correctly and that you use the right N2O cream charger for your dispenser. Not all dispensers use universal chargers.